Monday, June 19, 2006

Luxury Sweet, er I mean, Suite

Yesterday, to commemorate Father's Day, I spent it the way any good son should.
At Busch Stadium for my first ever game in the newest version of the stadium.

*cough* with my father-in-law, while my own father watched the game at home *cough*

The worst part is: I was the one who bought the tickets.

I DIDN'T KNOW IT WAS FATHER'S DAY WHEN I BOUGHT THEM!

Oh well, next summer I'm getting my dad to go along with too(and I did afterall give him the commemorative ball that all fans got as they entered the stadium, I'm not THAT bad of a son, right?)

And on the bigger issue here: Luxury box tickets are the best. thing. ever.

All the beer we could drink, all the food we could eat in a 2 hour window, seats outside that were set down under the 2nd tier, so that when it started raining(which it did, about a 20 minute delay in the top of the 2nd), we were sitting there going "Do you feel any rain? I don't. Why are the groundskeepers pushing the tarp out?"

And besides that, access to the indoor air conditioned part of the box and closed circuit television. AND THE SEATS ARE CUSHIONED!

Now, obviously the biggest draw is the beer and food(you can also get soda). At ballpark prices, a beer is around $7, hot dog around $5, nachos around $5, and most other food is in that same ballpark(ha ha, get it?).

Considering I had 6 cups of beer(these cups were half the size of the normal ones, so figure 3 big ones), there's $21. I had 2 dogs, $10 more. One order of nachos, $5 more. I also had 3 chicken sandwiches, which I'm guessing were probably also around the same, so we'll say $15 more, and a couple brownies.

There's $51 in food easily. We also got a free pin, which we saw at the team store for a dazzlingly overpriced $7.50, so there's $58.50

Crappy seats at Busch are $35, so add that in, and we're at $93.50.

The tickets were $90 a person. Add in cushioned seats, A/C, bathrooms that were far more convenient, and all the other stuff I said earlier and if you're ready to really gorge yourself with food and drink, then those seats pay for themselves.

Now, as a teacher, I'm nowhere near the point where this is going to be something affordable on a regular basis, but this was a ballpark experience I'd definitely like to replicate once a year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home