Friday, February 02, 2007

This week's game and picks!

Shorter post today, because I'm traveling this weekend.

4-2 last week, with the disappointment of Wisconsin losing(from what I've heard, Wisconsin has never fared well at IU in the Bo Ryan era, so not as big of an upset as you might imagine).

After the 4-2 week, I rest at a respectable but not great 10-8.

Back down to just four games this week!

First game:

Saturday, 2:30 CST - Gonzaga at Pepperdine

With no real games of top 25 teams facing off this weekend, I'm forced to go hunting in the regional listings. Gonzaga and Pepperdine are typically the top two teams in the WCC, but not this year. Gonzaga, while not up to their normal level, are still the class of the conference. Pepperdine, meanwhile is hurting this year, off to a 6-16 D-1 record. The obvious pick here then is Gonzaga.

Saturday, 7:00 CST - Minnesota at Illinois

I was going to try to avoid taking an Illinois game again, but the lineup - as stated earlier, is pretty weak during the Saturday games. To be brief, Minnesota is in too much of a state of disarray, and I'll pretty much take any Big 10 team, maybe short of Penn State to beat them, so the pick here, especially at home is Illinois.

UPSET ALERT!
Monday, 8:00 CST - #23 Texas at #8 Texas A&M

This is probably stupid, but I'm gonna go with the man-child Durant and pick the upset. I'm still not sold on A&M, although I probably should be, considering by the only game I saw, they REALLY pushed at that time #1 UCLA. But regardless of that, I'll take Texas.

Wednesday, 8:00 CST - #3 North Carolina at #10 Duke

It's at Duke, which makes me lean towards them, but I'm not sure if they have the horses to keep up with North Carolina and the upbeat style that is allowing them to blow teams out. Neither side will come into this game unprepared. When it's a rivalry game, you almost always have to go with the home team, if they're at all evenly matched. So against my better judgment, I'm going to say Duke wins narrowly at home(but watch for the rematch, because I can't imagine I'll pick Duke at UNC.)

Recap!

Gonzaga over Pepperdine
Illinois over Minnesota
Texas over Texas A&M
Duke over UNC

I'll seeing a big 2-2 coming at me this week, but praying for one of my upsets.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home